I made it!
We landed in Madrid at 10:30 this morning. The last 2 days have been the longest days of my life! I didn´t sleep a whole lot on the plane last night, but Sandra and I have been taking mini-naps all day today. Our host family seems very nice. I feel so lost right now trying to understand what they are saying and trying to speak to them. I know the lack of sleep and jetlag aren´t helping any. I can barely function in English right now. Sandra and I tried to keep each other awake today so that we would be able to sleep tonight, but that didn´t work too well. I don´t think we´ll have trouble sleeping tonight though. It is currently 10:30pm here, we just ate dinner and then found an internet cafe. We walked around the city a little earlier this evening. Tomorrow morning we have our orientation session with the professors and the other students from App. Hopefully we will be given a schedule for the rest of our trip. Right now, we don´t really know what is going on. I´m guessing that classes will start on Thursday. I think I´m going to head back to the apartment and get to bed. Sorry if this post doesn´t make much sense (it´s the lack of sleep).

2 Comments:
At 9:04 PM,
Sara said…
Yay! I've been thinking about you two all day! Glad to know you made it. Hang in there :) I know it's probably frustrating not being able to understand what's going on, but it's going to be great! Just like my new job, it's going to take some adjusting! Have lots of fun :) Love you both!
At 11:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
Rachel, I'm so excited for you and pleased that you've arrived safely. It's going to be amazing, I know, and remember how it took a few days for your ears to get attuned in Nica, so be patient. It'll come. Know there are lots of us here stateside praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts! I look forward to reading about your adventures!
Blessings and Peace, Pastor B.
Post a Comment
<< Home