Segovia
Last night, after dinner, Sandra and I were chilling at the house and our host dad told us that we should go out and enjoy Madrid at night. (Madrid is well known for it´s nightlife.) We decided to go out for an hour or so because we had to get up earlier than normal this morning to go to Segovia. We ended up running into some people from class and went to the Cervezaria Cafeteria that is just around the corner from our house. It was fun getting to know some other students from App.
This morning we went to Segovia. It´s a cute town. It´s really old and reminded me of something I´ve seen in movies. The streets are stone and very narrow. We saw the Acueduct, which is this huge stone structure with archways at the entrance of the town. It was built 1900 years ago and the stones don´t have cement holding them together. We went to the Cathedral of Segovia also. It was really pretty and had a lot of interesting things. We had a few hours to walk aroud by ourselves and see things and shop. Sandra and I pretty much walked around the entire town. We found a cute little park and sat in the shade for a while. There were some kids running around and it was fun to watch them and observe people walking by. We went to the Alcazar last. It´s this huge castle there. It was really pretty and had an awesome veiw of the town. I just now realized that that was the first castle I´ve been in. :)
I´m excited that we can sleep in in the morning! We´re going to go explore the city some more tomorrow afternoon, but it´ll be nice to not have to be somewhere in the morning.
Oh, quick story. Peanut butter isn´t something they eat here in Spain, but Sandra asked our host family about it and they got us some Peter Pan crunchy peanut butter. They told us that we had to eat the whole thing before we leave at the end of the month because they don´t like it. We told them that would not be a problem. We´ve been eating it a lot the last 2 days and I think we´ve eaten close to half the jar already. We made PB&J to take to Segovia for lunch and we´ve been putting on our toast at breakfast. Our family thinks it´s funny.
Sara asked about the meals being so late in Spain. Yes, it´s normal for the meals to be that late. It doesn´t get dark here until after 9pm, so I think that might have something to do with why they eat so late. It´s actually 9:00 right now and it´s still very much light outside and we haven´t eaten dinner yet. I´m not sure where our family is or when they´ll be back. They feed Sandra and me an hour or so before they eat because they told us that they eat a lot later than most people here eat.
:)
This morning we went to Segovia. It´s a cute town. It´s really old and reminded me of something I´ve seen in movies. The streets are stone and very narrow. We saw the Acueduct, which is this huge stone structure with archways at the entrance of the town. It was built 1900 years ago and the stones don´t have cement holding them together. We went to the Cathedral of Segovia also. It was really pretty and had a lot of interesting things. We had a few hours to walk aroud by ourselves and see things and shop. Sandra and I pretty much walked around the entire town. We found a cute little park and sat in the shade for a while. There were some kids running around and it was fun to watch them and observe people walking by. We went to the Alcazar last. It´s this huge castle there. It was really pretty and had an awesome veiw of the town. I just now realized that that was the first castle I´ve been in. :)
I´m excited that we can sleep in in the morning! We´re going to go explore the city some more tomorrow afternoon, but it´ll be nice to not have to be somewhere in the morning.
Oh, quick story. Peanut butter isn´t something they eat here in Spain, but Sandra asked our host family about it and they got us some Peter Pan crunchy peanut butter. They told us that we had to eat the whole thing before we leave at the end of the month because they don´t like it. We told them that would not be a problem. We´ve been eating it a lot the last 2 days and I think we´ve eaten close to half the jar already. We made PB&J to take to Segovia for lunch and we´ve been putting on our toast at breakfast. Our family thinks it´s funny.
Sara asked about the meals being so late in Spain. Yes, it´s normal for the meals to be that late. It doesn´t get dark here until after 9pm, so I think that might have something to do with why they eat so late. It´s actually 9:00 right now and it´s still very much light outside and we haven´t eaten dinner yet. I´m not sure where our family is or when they´ll be back. They feed Sandra and me an hour or so before they eat because they told us that they eat a lot later than most people here eat.
:)

2 Comments:
At 12:28 AM,
Anonymous said…
Your dad and I decided that you must really be sitting around weaving tales of castles and cute villages with narrow cobblestone streets because there are no pictures to prove you have been anywhere :)
We still love you.
At 12:59 PM,
Anonymous said…
Your mom's comment is funny, you really should get some pictures up though, I'm putting pictures up pretty regularly on facebook for everyone. I would love to see pictures of what you are doing. I've been sharing your adventures with my roomates here. I had the same troubles with peanut butter--but at least you can find it I searched everywhere in Italy and the closest we could find was nutella.
Post a Comment
<< Home