Traveling with Rachel

Sunday, June 04, 2006

PDA

So I was just thinking about some differences between here and the states and I don´t think I´ve mentioned it in any of my posts so far, but public display of affection (PDA) is much more culturally accepted here than it is in the states. We were warned before we came, but I wasn´t thinking that it would be as extreme as it is. When we were in Segovia, Sandra and I were walking through a park and there was a man sitting on a bench and a lady, who was wearing a sundress, was straddling him. Her dress was practically up to her waist and they were going at it. It seriously looked like they were having sex right there in the park! I´m getting used to it now. There are a lot of couples on the metro making out and in the park too. Nobody seems to care though. Sandra came up with a saying. ¨PDA to the left of us, PDA to the right of us.¨It might not be funny to ya´ll, but it´s funny to us. :) Ok, it´s dinner time.

(Posted at 8:47pm Spain time)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! Sounds like some pretty serious PDA's happening in Spain! Makes me appreciate even more all of the "anti-PDA" training that you have received at Lutheridge.

    Seriously now, it sounds like you are having quite the cultural adventure. I am certain that you are enjoying it, for the most part. Hope classes & experiences go well this week. Love, Dad

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rachel, we're enjoying your description of your adventures! Thanks for posting them. Also, we enjoyed being with your parents at the Synod Assembly in Hickory over the past 3 days. Please keep your writing in ENGLISH. Our Spanish isn't just limited, it is non-existant . . . Hope you continue to enjoy your stay and to learn as much as possible.
    Love,
    Granddaddy and Grandmother

     

Post a Comment

<< Home