Traveling with Rachel

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Roller Coaster

It has been exactly one month since I arrived in Argentina. I was just reflecting on the past 2 months and all the changes that have happened. It seems like the end of July was forever ago. So much has happened and it felt like time was moving very slowly (not in a bad way) until this past week. I can't believe it's already the end of September, but a month ago I couldn't believe it wasn't September yet.

I think the best way to describe it is like a roller coaster. You start out slowly going up a steep hill. For me, that would be the packing, moving out of my apartment, the week of orientation in Chicago, the week of orientation in Buenos Aires, moving to Villa Ballester, and beginning work.

The 2 weeks I was waiting on my apartment to be finished was like the point at the top of that steep hill on the roller coaster just before you drop and the speed picks up. Moving into my apartment was the drop. This past week has flown by and I have a feeling time is not going to slow down again. I imagine that, like a roller coaster, this year is going to go fast with many twists and turns and ups and downs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home