Traveling with Rachel

Thursday, June 29, 2006

adios Madrid

My bags are packed and I guess I´m ready to head home. Sandra and I will be catching a cab in about an hour. I thought I´d make one last post before I leave Spain. I don´t want to leave, but at the same time I´m excited to see everyone back home. We said ¨good-bye¨ to our family this morning before they left for work.

Before I came to Spain, I knew that most people here do not have computers in their homes. One of my friends asked how do people live without internet. I responded that I was about to find out and I´d answer the question later. My answer is that I´m not sure how people live without the internet. My family has a laptop with internet at the house and there are locutorios everywhere. I guess that people without computers go to the locutorios a lot. It´s pretty cheap to use the computers there.

I guess that´s it until I get back to the States.

PS - Mom, we did finish the peanut butter this morning at breakfast. It was actually our 2nd jar. We definitely didn´t let it go to waste. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Dale said…

    Hey, Rachel. I heard from your grandparents that you got in late last night (early this morning?) and were treated to a feast of cold salmon. Yum. Where's that peanut butter when you need it?

    Anyway, I wanted to welcome you back to the United States, though I'm sure a part of you would have loved to stay in España.

    I can hardly wait to see a (small) subset of the thousands of pictures you took. Please post them soon.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The salmon was warmed in the microwave, along with fresh green beans and new potatoes. It was better than peanut butter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home