Traveling with Rachel

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Palacio Real de Madrid

This is the last of my posts for today. Kinda sad, isn´t it? :-P Anyway, today, a man who does flamenco came to my class to talk to us about flamenco. It was really interesting. I´m excited about going to see some flamenco next week!

This afternoon, I went with my class to Palacio Real de Madrid. It was pretty cool, the rooms were really extravagant. Now, I have been to a castle and a palace. From what I understood, the difference between the two is that a castle is more for military purposes and a palace is a place where people (the king and queen) actually lived. There was a room for everything. There was a room where they got dressed, a room where they ate lunch, etc. All the decorations were crazy too! Every ceiling was painted, the walls all had some kind of carved plaster molding on them, and there were these massive chandeliers all over the place. There was also a section of the palace that had armor and stuff as well as rooms with all the china, musical instruments, etc. on display. Makes me appreciate my simple life. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you appreciate other cultures and I'm really glad you appreciate your "simple life."

    Great to read all your posts today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home