Traveling with Rachel

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Asado

Beto and I had a conversation about asado on our way to the comedor this morning. I shared with him my experience over the weekend and he told me a little more about the cultural aspect of asado. I want to share some of that conversation with you. (I'll keep it brief this time!)

Asado is a big cultural thing here in Argentina. People have asados for birthdays, holidays, and any other special occasion. Beto told me that asado is an art - every asado is different depending on who prepares it, what type of wood or charcoal they use, how it's prepped for the grill, and so on. As with the asado I went to on Sunday, an asado is not just grilling one specific thing. Lots of different meats and animal parts are put on the grill. It's like this big buffet of meat. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to post because I forgot to take my camera with me, but I'm sure I'll go to at least one more asado while I'm here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home